In order for this site to work correctly we need to store a small file (called a cookie) on your computer. Most every site in the world does this, however since the 25th of May 2011, by law we have to get your permission first. Please abandon the forum if you disagree.

Para que este foro funcione correctamente es necesario guardar un pequeño fichero (llamado cookie) en su ordenador. La mayoría de los sitios de Internet lo hacen, no obstante desde el 25 de Marzo de 2011 y por ley, necesitamos de su permiso con antelación. Abandone este foro si no está conforme.

Borland compiling asks for uuid.lib

Xailer professional forum in English
Responder
DC

Borland compiling asks for uuid.lib

Mensaje por DC »

Hi,

I normally use Mingw for Xailer, but am playing with the Borland choice.

There are a whole slew of libraries that need to be Added to the Library list, like hbcommon.lib and many others, because they aren't in the Harbour distribution that is installed with Xailer. No problem, I just unchecked them in the library list for this product, and added them from a separate Harbour distribution.

However, there is a uuid.lib that is part of the Borland distribution. It's not listed in the Project Properties/Libraries list. But it's required in order to compile, apparently.

After getting the missing uuid error, I went ahead and added uuid.lib manually to Project Properties/Libraries. But when linking, it still says that UUID.LIB is missing.
ignacio
Site Admin
Contactar:

Re: Borland compiling asks for uuid.lib

Mensaje por ignacio »

Hi,

Try if it happens with a very simple project. Some harbour extensions can only be linked with MinGW. Harbour crew decided to abandon BCC long time ago.

Regards,
Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga
[Equipo de Xailer / Xailer team]
https://www.xailer.com
DC

Re: Borland compiling asks for uuid.lib

Mensaje por DC »

I understand. Ok, thanks Ignacio.
ignacio escribió: Jue Ago 18, 2022 12:30 pm Hi,

Try if it happens with a very simple project. Some harbour extensions can only be linked with MinGW. Harbour crew decided to abandon BCC long time ago.

Regards,
Responder