In order for this site to work correctly we need to store a small file (called a cookie) on your computer. Most every site in the world does this, however since the 25th of May 2011, by law we have to get your permission first. Please abandon the forum if you disagree.

Para que este foro funcione correctamente es necesario guardar un pequeño fichero (llamado cookie) en su ordenador. La mayoría de los sitios de Internet lo hacen, no obstante desde el 25 de Marzo de 2011 y por ley, necesitamos de su permiso con antelación. Abandone este foro si no está conforme.

Do we need to uninstall Xailer 7, before installing 8

Xailer professional forum in English
Responder
DC

Do we need to uninstall Xailer 7, before installing 8

Mensaje por DC »

Hi,

Will Xailer 8 overwrite the existing Xailer 7, or should we uninstall first?
ignacio
Site Admin
Contactar:

Re: Do we need to uninstall Xailer 7, before installing 8

Mensaje por ignacio »

Hi,

You can install Xailer 8 on top of Xailer 7, but I suggest you make a backup before the operation. BTW, there is no problem to install Xailer 8 on a different path. On those cases I suggest you copy the file \bin\xailer.cfg to the new \bin directory on Xailer 8.

Xailer 8 will requiere a new activation, but you can do it via Internet.

Regards,
Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga
[Equipo de Xailer / Xailer team]
https://www.xailer.com
DC

Mensaje por DC »

Thanks, Ignacio.
ignacio escribió: Vie Jun 03, 2022 9:52 pm Hi,

You can install Xailer 8 on top of Xailer 7, but I suggest you make a backup before the operation. BTW, there is no problem to install Xailer 8 on a different path. On those cases I suggest you copy the file \bin\xailer.cfg to the new \bin directory on Xailer 8.

Regards,
DC

Mensaje por DC »

I installed the first one, and everything seems fine.

The only manual intervention, was installing Harbour. Version 7 of Xailer was in C:\Xailer, and the previous Harbour was C:\Xailer\Hb32.

When installing Harbour after installing Xailer8, it defaults to C:\Xailer\Hb32, and there's no prompt that allows you to change it. So it's necessary to copy from C:\Xailer\Hb32 to C:\Xailer8\hb32.

Other than that, everything's fine. I'll try installing on the other PCs, including the portable microsd drive.

Regards,

DC

ignacio escribió: Vie Jun 03, 2022 9:52 pm Hi,

Regards,
jfgimenez
Site Admin
Contactar:

Mensaje por jfgimenez »

Hi Dwayne,

Xailer 8 uses the same harbour version as Xailer 7. So you might delete c:\xailer8\hb32 and configure the IDE to search for harbour in c:\xailer\hb32.
José F. Giménez
[Equipo de Xailer / Xailer team]
http://www.xailer.com
http://www.xailer.info
DC

Mensaje por DC »

Thanks, everything's working fine. The extra folder doesn't cause any problems.
jfgimenez escribió: Vie Jun 17, 2022 11:22 am Hi Dwayne,

Xailer 8 uses the same harbour version as Xailer 7. So you might delete c:\xailer8\hb32 and configure the IDE to search for harbour in c:\xailer\hb32.
Responder