In order for this site to work correctly we need to store a small file (called a cookie) on your computer. Most every site in the world does this, however since the 25th of May 2011, by law we have to get your permission first. Please abandon the forum if you disagree.

Para que este foro funcione correctamente es necesario guardar un pequeño fichero (llamado cookie) en su ordenador. La mayoría de los sitios de Internet lo hacen, no obstante desde el 25 de Marzo de 2011 y por ley, necesitamos de su permiso con antelación. Abandone este foro si no está conforme.

GPF access violation when defining Oracle data source

Xailer professional forum in English
Responder
DC

GPF access violation when defining Oracle data source

Mensaje por DC »

Hi,

I don't think you can help with this and will probably have to visit another forum, but please confirm that Xailer is 32-bit.

I installed Xailer on a different workstaiton, and am testing some database code that was written in 2021.

When I try to redefine the datasource, I keep getting a GPF access violation

TOLEAUTO:PROMPTEDIT(0)
PE_ADOCNNECT:RUN(3420)

, and then Xailer exits.

This error happens when selecting an ODBC driver, and when selecting and OLE DB provider. It's probably due to the fact that my working Oracle drivers are mostly 64-bit.

The 64-bit drivers are working fine, everywhere. But setting up a 32-bit datasource is having problems, even outside of Xailer.

So for example, if I follow these steps:

Open 32-odbc administrator.

Select User DSN tab.
Add
Select
Microsoft ODBC for Oracle (there are more options, with 64-bit)
Finish

, then the ODBC 32-bit Administrator exits.

Should I hit the Microsoft Forums? Or download a different 32-bit Oracle driver first?

With Pl/Sql Developer and the other tools on the workstation, I use the Oracle Client.
ignacio
Site Admin
Contactar:

Re: GPF access violation when defining Oracle data source

Mensaje por ignacio »

Hi,

Xailer is 32 bits and we highly recommend to use ADO through ODBC, but this is IMPORTANT: You must create the ODBC connection from the Microsoft 32 bits ODBC configuration. The normal ODBC connection from the Control panel does not work.

In order to access the ODBC 32 Bits configuration, this is the correct path:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcdad32.exe

Regards,
Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga
[Equipo de Xailer / Xailer team]
https://www.xailer.com
DC

Mensaje por DC »

Ignacio,

Sorry I accidentally started this on the Spanish forum.

Your spelling is off. S/b odbcad32.

%windir%\syswow64\odbcad32.exe

Yes, that's the one that I'm using. There's definitely a problem with the 32-bit ODBC administrator, but not with the 64 bit version. I'll search the web, and in the meantime proceed in 64-bit VBScript.

Thanks and regards,

DC
ignacio escribió: Vie Abr 15, 2022 5:07 pm Hi,

Xailer is 32 bits and we highly recommend to use ADO through ODBC, but this is IMPORTANT: You must create the ODBC connection from the Microsoft 32 bits ODBC configuration. The normal ODBC connection from the Control panel does not work.

Regards,
ignacio
Site Admin
Contactar:

Mensaje por ignacio »

DC escribió: Vie Abr 15, 2022 5:41 pm Ignacio,

Yes, that's the one that I'm using. There's definitely a problem with the 32-bit ODBC administrator, but not with the 64 bit version. I'll search the web, and in the meantime proceed in 64-bit VBScript.

Thanks and regards,

DC

Regards,

I do not have any Oracle DB I can access. If you send me privately some credentials to connect to yours, I do some tests.

Regards,
Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga
[Equipo de Xailer / Xailer team]
https://www.xailer.com
DC

Mensaje por DC »

Got it, finally. I had installed the 32-bit Oracle instant client components. But I had neglected to set up the ODBC instant client in the same folder.

Everything is working perfectly, now.
ignacio escribió: Sab Abr 16, 2022 4:45 pm
DC escribió: Vie Abr 15, 2022 5:41 pm Ignacio,

Thanks and regards,

DC

Regards,

I do not have any Oracle DB I can access. If you send me privately some credentials to connect to yours, I do some tests.

Regards,
Responder