In order for this site to work correctly we need to store a small file (called a cookie) on your computer. Most every site in the world does this, however since the 25th of May 2011, by law we have to get your permission first. Please abandon the forum if you disagree.

Para que este foro funcione correctamente es necesario guardar un pequeño fichero (llamado cookie) en su ordenador. La mayoría de los sitios de Internet lo hacen, no obstante desde el 25 de Marzo de 2011 y por ley, necesitamos de su permiso con antelación. Abandone este foro si no está conforme.

Can I use UTF-8 Characters in EditText Box and Save in SQLITE ?

Foro de Xailer profesional en español
Responder
Milan Mehta

Can I use UTF-8 Characters in EditText Box and Save in SQLITE ?

Mensaje por Milan Mehta »

I typically want to use Indian Language Font Shruti.
Can I use it in Form (EditText) to take input from the user ?
I also want to save the same in Sqlite database.

How can I ? Please guide.

TIA
Milan.
ignacio
Site Admin
Contactar:

Re: Can I use UTF-8 Characters in EditText Box and Save in SQLITE ?

Mensaje por ignacio »

Hi,

Unfortunately Xailer controls do not support unicode (Is on our wish list) and I really do not know if Unicode is necessary for that language. I can't test it from here either. With SQLite I can presume that you will not have any problem since SQLite does not make any type of conversions on CHAR fields, they are treat as RAW fields.

Regards,
Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga
[Equipo de Xailer / Xailer team]
https://www.xailer.com
Milan Mehta

Re: Can I use UTF-8 Characters in EditText Box and Save in SQLITE ?

Mensaje por Milan Mehta »

>> Unfortunately Xailer controls do not support unicode (Is on our wish list)
I wish that happens soon. It will be very beneficial.

> and I really do not know if Unicode is necessary for that language. I can't test it from here either.
I have verified and it is necessary. BTW Windows load that font when country India is selected.

> With SQLite I can presume that you will not have any problem since SQLite does not make any type of conversions on CHAR fields, they are treat as RAW fields.
Yes, I tried it and it works with SQLite.

With best regards,
Milan Mehta.
Responder