In order for this site to work correctly we need to store a small file (called a cookie) on your computer. Most every site in the world does this, however since the 25th of May 2011, by law we have to get your permission first. Please abandon the forum if you disagree.

Para que este foro funcione correctamente es necesario guardar un pequeño fichero (llamado cookie) en su ordenador. La mayoría de los sitios de Internet lo hacen, no obstante desde el 25 de Marzo de 2011 y por ley, necesitamos de su permiso con antelación. Abandone este foro si no está conforme.

IProjectMan:ToggleForm hide - does not work

Xailer professional forum in English
Responder
Hurricane
Contactar:

IProjectMan:ToggleForm hide - does not work

Mensaje por Hurricane »

Hi,
What is the correct way to hide the Form from the IDE?

That doesn't work (sometimes it only closes 1 form).

Código: Seleccionar todo

AEVAL( aFileForm, {|cPRG| ::IProjectMan:ToggleForm(cPRG, .F.) } ) // { 'C:\APPS\SOURCE\XXXX.PRG', ...}
To test: I open 3 files (forms) in the Editor, display each Form in Designer, open a prg file (module) and leave it active: then run the code above.
To display Forms in Designer, it always works (...:ToggleForm(cPRGForm, .T.)), but I don't need it yet.

----------------------------------------
The various Forms opened in the designer disturb the IDE* windows, so I added an option in my plugin (View Forms) to hide all forms (without closing the Editor's PRG).

* This is another reason why I think it's important to have the IDE Xailer option to use only one window, like xEdit, Delphi ... Designer could be separated, as it is today.
ide_designer.png
ide_designer.png (25.87 KiB) Visto 928 veces
regards,
ignacio
Site Admin
Contactar:

Re: IProjectMan:ToggleForm hide - does not work

Mensaje por ignacio »

Hello,

Is the only way. That bulk operation requires extra time between each operation.

Regards,
Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga
[Equipo de Xailer / Xailer team]
https://www.xailer.com
Hurricane
Contactar:

Mensaje por Hurricane »

You can show? the idea of this topic is to know how to do, or report a likely bug.
the problem occurs with only 3 small forms, using other artifices it works randomly.
ignacio escribió: Mié Oct 20, 2021 11:05 am Is the only way. That bulk operation requires extra time between each operation.
ignacio
Site Admin
Contactar:

Mensaje por ignacio »

Try with ProcessMessages() after each ToggleForm() operation. If it does not work you may try to include a Sleep(100) before the ProcessMessages().
Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga
Hurricane
Contactar:

Mensaje por Hurricane »

Hi,

doesn't work (it was expected)

Also expected, there should be a ToggleForm(ccc, .f.) bug to hide forms. I solved it in another efficient way and with extra advantage.

Thanks for your help.
ignacio escribió: Mié Oct 20, 2021 6:07 pm Try with ProcessMessages() after each ToggleForm() operation. If it does not work you may try to include a Sleep(100) before the ProcessMessages().
ignacio
Site Admin
Contactar:

Mensaje por ignacio »

Great for you. Please consider to give your self auto credits somewhere else. TIA

Regards
Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga
Responder