In order for this site to work correctly we need to store a small file (called a cookie) on your computer. Most every site in the world does this, however since the 25th of May 2011, by law we have to get your permission first. Please abandon the forum if you disagree.

Para que este foro funcione correctamente es necesario guardar un pequeño fichero (llamado cookie) en su ordenador. La mayoría de los sitios de Internet lo hacen, no obstante desde el 25 de Marzo de 2011 y por ley, necesitamos de su permiso con antelación. Abandone este foro si no está conforme.

Sergey's cmopatibility once more

FastReport for Xailer & [x]Harbour (English/Spanish)
Responder
proxima

Mensaje por proxima »

Hi,
1. As i've mentioned in my previous post compatibility is very important for us because we have hundreds of individually prepared reports for our clients. And such a incopatibility like in function AddVariable() is a pain. Why? Because our model is as follows:
- ReportName.hrb file with raport body ( opens data, prepares
vars, calls fr etc)
- ReportName.fr3 raport definitione file.
So we have to rewrite all prg/hrb at client's site.
The incopmatibility is:
Segeys:
:AddVariable(cCategory, cName, xValue)
Xailer:
:AddVariable( cName, xValue)
ccCategory can be dummy or :AddVariable should behave compatible when 3 parameters occur.
So we have to check/rewrite hundreds of prg/hrb files. It will be no problem when we have to change only once code of program module.
2. We use also second model with different standalone fr3 reports in the same database environment (no hrb code, clean Fast Report). It's possible with TfrxHarbourWorkarea. You wrote that this is useless ? Do you mean "SetTxtDataset method since we believe is useless" is the same as "TfrxHarbourWorkarea"?. Maybe you 'll implement it in the future? we can wait. Or can you show us another method to implement our second model with existing fr objects/methods.
Andrzej Morgiewicz
ignacio
Site Admin
Contactar:

Mensaje por ignacio »

Hello,
1) Already included for next revision:
METHOD AddVariable( cCategory, cName, xValue ) CLASS frReportManager
::AddCategory( cCategory )

RETURN ::Super:AddVariable( cName, xValue )
2) I'm afraid there are absolutely no plans to support TfrxHarbourWorkarea, sorry. We recommend to use the method SetWorkArea() is just a line of code.
Regards
Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga
[Equipo de Xailer / Xailer team]
https://www.xailer.com
proxima

Mensaje por proxima »

Hi,
ok. But can you tell me how to change select numer of defined previousley workarea f.e.:
I have prepared report with CrossTable and workarea created as
oFrn:SetWorkarea( "alias", select(), .T. ). Then i want to use same fr3 file with same data alias but data opened in different select. And raport crashes because it recognizes workarea not by alias name but by select numer!
With data object i've put ALIAS.WorkArea:=EvalMAcro('Select("Alias")) and it worked.
Andrzej Morgiewicz
PS.
And what with AddVariable() parameters ?.
ignacio
Site Admin
Contactar:

Mensaje por ignacio »

proxima escribió el mié, 27 noviembre 2013 20:52Hi,
But can you tell me how to change select numer of defined previousley workarea
We do not use ordinal selects AT ALL. WE ALWAYS USE Alias. As you can see from our source code in FrReportManager:SetWorkArea() the parameter nArea IS NOT USED, IS JUST THERE FOR COMPATIBLITY REASONS.
BTW, do not expect to have a 100% COMPATIBLE PRODUCT WITH SERGEY.
proxima escribió el mié, 27 noviembre 2013 20:52And what with AddVariable() parameters ?.
Please reread my previous message. If you do not understand it then do not worry on next revision it will work as you want.
Regards,
Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga
[Equipo de Xailer / Xailer team]
https://www.xailer.com
proxima

Mensaje por proxima »

Hi,
Thanks for Your answer. Then Your implementation is better because in spirin's on runtime when workareas ( ordinal ) differ then thonse on report project time, another data set is created and fr3 raport crashes with "no data set found" error.
a.m.
Responder