In order for this site to work correctly we need to store a small file (called a cookie) on your computer. Most every site in the world does this, however since the 25th of May 2011, by law we have to get your permission first. Please abandon the forum if you disagree.

Para que este foro funcione correctamente es necesario guardar un pequeño fichero (llamado cookie) en su ordenador. La mayoría de los sitios de Internet lo hacen, no obstante desde el 25 de Marzo de 2011 y por ley, necesitamos de su permiso con antelación. Abandone este foro si no está conforme.

FR Sergey compatibility problem

FastReport for Xailer & [x]Harbour (English/Spanish)
Responder
a.ilic

Mensaje por a.ilic »

I've downloaded FrX demo. Since I've already used Spirin's FR, I wanted to use compatibility class in order not to change the existing code.
For test purposes, I've made a small program, only instancing the class and calling the designer:
#include "frh.ch"
FUNCTION Main()
LOCAL oFr
oFr := frReportManager():New()
oFr:DesignReport()
RETURN NIL
After compile and run, Windows error occurs "Application has stopped working...".
If I switch from frReportManager to XFastReport class, everything works fine.
Has anyone experienced the same or similar problem and how to solve it?
Environment info:
- Harbour version: 3.2
- FrX Lib: libxaFrhMin
Aleksandar Ili?
Software developer
Wings Software
http://www.wings.rs
ignacio
Site Admin
Contactar:

Mensaje por ignacio »

a.ilic escribió el vie, 04 octubre 2013 15:26I've downloaded FrX demo. Since I've already used Spirin's FR, I wanted to use compatibility class in order not to change the existing code.
For test purposes, I've made a small program, only instancing the class and calling the designer:
#include "frh.ch"
FUNCTION Main()
LOCAL oFr
oFr := frReportManager():New()
oFr:DesignReport()
RETURN NIL
After compile and run, Windows error occurs "Application has stopped working...".
If I switch from frReportManager to XFastReport class, everything works fine.
Has anyone experienced the same or similar problem and how to solve it?
Environment info:
- Harbour version: 3.2
- FrX Lib: libxaFrhMin
That small program is working nicely here. Check you are not linking also the Sergey libraries.
Regards,
Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga
[Equipo de Xailer / Xailer team]
https://www.xailer.com
a.ilic

Mensaje por a.ilic »

I've checked and that's not a cause of a problem. I've made it working upgrading Harbour version to nightly release.
The version that doesn't work is Harbour 3.2.0dev (rev. 18339), and now with version Harbour 3.2.0dev (rev. 1310011443) it works fine. In both cases is used MingGw32 (gcc 4.6.1-dw2).
Does this mean that FrX is not compatible with stable release of Harbour?
Aleksandar Ili?
Software developer
Wings Software
ignacio
Site Admin
Contactar:

Mensaje por ignacio »

a.ilic escribió el mar, 08 octubre 2013 12:00I've checked and that's not a cause of a problem. I've made it working upgrading Harbour version to nightly release.
The version that doesn't work is Harbour 3.2.0dev (rev. 18339), and now with version Harbour 3.2.0dev (rev. 1310011443) it works fine. In both cases is used MingGw32 (gcc 4.6.1-dw2).
Does this mean that FrX is not compatible with stable release of Harbour?
Off course not. All the modules of your actual version of FRH are compiled with this version:
Harbour 3.2.0dev (Rev. 18854)
And as you can see is almost the same revision you were using. In any case, the source of frReportManager() is given, so you should only need to recompile it with your own compiler. If that was the problem.
Next Xailer version will include this version:
Harbour 3.2.0dev (r1310011443)
Exactly the night build you have tested. And BTW, is also working nicely with that new version.
I'm almost sure your problem is not related to that. Sorry.
Regards,
Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga
[Equipo de Xailer / Xailer team]
https://www.xailer.com
a.ilic

Mensaje por a.ilic »

ignacio wrote on Tue, 08 October 2013 12:28I'm almost sure your problem is not related to that. Sorry.
I asked my colleague to make a demo from a scratch in his environment (has also Harbour 3.2.0dev (rev. 18339)), and he experienced exactly the same problem.
Anyway, it is important that we have a working solution. In a meanwhile, I'll write here if I find out the cause of the problem. Who knows, it may be, it is something to that specific build of Harbour.
Aleksandar Ili?
Software developer
Wings Software
Responder