I'm especially happy to announce the first "xHarbour Annual Application
with CASH prizes of:
$1,000.00US for the first place winner.
$500.00US for the second place winner.
$250.00US for the third place winner.
Any xHarbour application (preferably GUI) is qualified to participate. The
objective of this competition is to demonstrate:
- Attractive User Interface.
- Stability and reliability.
xHarbour.com Inc. has prepared a SAMPLE such Application, available from:
This sample will NOT participate in the competition.
- Primary modules of the application must be compiled by xHarbour and
require the xHarbour VM and RTL.
- Submissions must be in the form of a ZIP or RAR file.
- Submissions must be released with the following LICENSE:
(you may therefore want to submit a restricted version of your
- Submissions may include data files, and/or sub folders.
- Submissions may include batch files, and/or shell scripts.
- Submissions may include dynamic link libraries.
- Submissions may NOT be larger than 5MB in size (compressed file size).
- Submissions may NOT include more than one executable.
- Submissions may NOT include INSTALLER.
- Submissions may NOT include any LICENSE.
- Submissions may NOT copy/delete/move/read any file outside of the
to which extracted. i.e. no Dlls installed to system folders, no
modifications to registry file, etc.
Applications may be submitted at:
Anyone may submit any xHarbour Application (you don't have to be the
but you may NOT upload any application except as specifically permitted by
copyright owner). All submissions will be scanned for Viruses before
Prizes will be divided evenly between the submitter and the AUTHOR[s] of the
winning applications (if different), but ONLY if NONE of the author[s]
has also submitted that application, within the submission period.
Physical mailing address as well as email address will be required. Every
submitter will receive the "First xHarbour Annual Application Competition"
Complete list of submitted applications including:
- Short description.
- GUI Layer.
- Author[s] name[s].
- Copyright owner.
- Submitter name.
will be continually available (as submitted) at:
All valid submissions entered between October 10th. 2004, and November 10th.
will be qualified to participate.
Voting will begin November 20th. 2004, and will end November 30th. 2004. You
cast your vote at:
One vote per Registered Voter, and/or IP address.
Any person 18 or older may register to vote at:
(Not later then November 10th. 2004).
Full legal name, age, physical mailing address, and email Address, will be
required, as well as download of ALL Registered Applications.
Complete list of registered voters, including:
- IP address.
- City and Country.
Will be continually available (as registered) at:
Every 10th. registrant (randomly selected) will receive the
"First xHarbour Annual Application Competition" T-Shirt.
Challenges to validity of any Voter Registration, and or Registered
may be filed at:
(Not later then November 12th. 2004).
Detailed real-time results (including Name, Age, City, Country, IP Address
voted application) of all voters, will be available continually (as
throughout the voting period at:
The "Official Terms and Conditions" will be the terms and conditions
as published at:
dated October 9th. 2004.
Good luck wishes to all the submissions, let the games begin...