In order for this site to work correctly we need to store a small file (called a cookie) on your computer. Most every site in the world does this, however since the 25th of May 2011, by law we have to get your permission first. Please abandon the forum if you disagree.

Para que este foro funcione correctamente es necesario guardar un pequeño fichero (llamado cookie) en su ordenador. La mayoría de los sitios de Internet lo hacen, no obstante desde el 25 de Marzo de 2011 y por ley, necesitamos de su permiso con antelación. Abandone este foro si no está conforme.

What does the sample treeviewmod do?

Xailer professional forum in English
Responder
DC

What does the sample treeviewmod do?

Mensaje por DC »

Hi,

Looking at the code, there's supposed to some file handling. And one of the buttons says "Change all uppercase".

But the form doesn't seem to do anything. It just shows a TEMP folder, but it doesn't allow you to change the folder.

Can you go ahead and re-build the project, so you can see what I mean? It's not clear, at least from running the executable, what the project is supposed to do.
ignacio
Site Admin
Contactar:

Re: What does the sample treeviewmod do?

Mensaje por ignacio »

Hi,

Just click on the Edit three dots button on the right side of it. BTW, default value 'c:\temp' has been removed from the sample. Thanks.

Regards,
Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga
[Equipo de Xailer / Xailer team]
https://www.xailer.com
DC

Mensaje por DC »

Hi Ignacio,

I tried the 3 dots, but it does nothing. I probably don't have the most updated sample ; can you forward a link?

T & R,

DC
ignacio escribió: Jue May 06, 2021 10:44 am Hi,

Just click on the Edit three dots button on the right side of it. BTW, default value 'c:\temp' has been removed from the sample. Thanks.

Regards,
ignacio
Site Admin
Contactar:

Mensaje por ignacio »

Hi DC,

Here is working fine. Project attached.

Regards
Adjuntos
treeviewmod.zip
(9.44 KiB) Descargado 78 veces
Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga
DC

Mensaje por DC »

I tried your attachment, and it's different from the one I have. As you said, it no longer default to the TEMP folder.

I re-built your version, and nothing happens when I click on the 3 vertical dots.

I tried attaching, but the forum won't allow the .zip file, which is about 1,200,000 bytes.

I'll try it on a different computer.

Addendum: Nope. I thought maybe it was related to my SSD drive, which takes up 2 partitions. But even on an older XP, you can't type anything into the Text Box, and selecting the vertical dots doesn't do anything.

I'l try debugging through the code, see if it's possible to tweak it a bit, or determine what's different with my environment.

It might be that my Harbour PATHs and INCLUDEs (c:\harbour\bin and c:\harbour\include) preceed Xailer's and is most likely a different version. I'll try changing the environmental variables, before debugging.
DC

Mensaje por DC »

I see what's going on, although I can't explain why. It looks like what's happening, is that the EditMod1BtnClick method, isn't responding to the button click. I placed breakpoints inside that method, and it never gets there, after the button click.

However, I added a EditMod1Click method to the OnClick event, and that works. I also changed the Directory() parameters in AddFiles() to Directory( cDir + "\*.*", "D" ), and the sample works as it should, allowing the viewing of folders inside the folder the user selected.

So, I don't know why my OnBtnClick event isn't working, although it doesn't really matter to me. I use the OnClick event, anyway.
ignacio
Site Admin
Contactar:

Mensaje por ignacio »

Hi,

Thank you for the info. I presume if you set the property lReadOnly to .f. you will receive te Button click event. That problem is already fixed on our code. Sorry for the trouble.

Regards,
Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga
DC

Mensaje por DC »

Tried it this weekend, and you're correct - it's the lReadOnly property, which was set to True.

"Sorry for the trouble."

I'm refamiliarizing with Xailer. This kind of trouble is welcome, thanks for the assistance.

ignacio escribió: Vie May 07, 2021 4:28 pm Hi,

Thank you for the info. I presume if you set the property lReadOnly to .f. you will receive te Button click event. That problem is already fixed on our code. Sorry for the trouble.

Regards,
Responder