In order for this site to work correctly we need to store a small file (called a cookie) on your computer. Most every site in the world does this, however since the 25th of May 2011, by law we have to get your permission first. Please abandon the forum if you disagree.

Para que este foro funcione correctamente es necesario guardar un pequeño fichero (llamado cookie) en su ordenador. La mayoría de los sitios de Internet lo hacen, no obstante desde el 25 de Marzo de 2011 y por ley, necesitamos de su permiso con antelación. Abandone este foro si no está conforme.

Trapping Keys in Browse

Xailer professional forum in English
Responder
Milan Mehta

Trapping Keys in Browse

Mensaje por Milan Mehta »

I wish to trap Keys pressed by user in the Browse. I wish to automatically search that value in a particular column.

The problem arises when user Presses key like Down, nKey Returns a values which is equal to ( character, similarly Up is equal to & character etc.
Is there any way by which I can determine which exact key was pressed.

TIA
Milan.
ignacio
Site Admin
Contactar:

Re: Trapping Keys in Browse

Mensaje por ignacio »

Hello,

Some keys can not be trapped with the events since the browses uses itself. BTW, keys events are triggered in two modes: as Key down stroke and as a Char stroke. I suggest you use the second mode when possible, since on that event (OnChar) you receive the exact key pressed. Remember that no all the key strokes become a char stroke.

Regards,
Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga
[Equipo de Xailer / Xailer team]
https://www.xailer.com
Milan Mehta

Re: Trapping Keys in Browse

Mensaje por Milan Mehta »

Dear Sir,

It gives me information of Key Pressed in OnKeyUp Event but does not give me any information of Key Pressed in OnChar Event of the form.
Do I need to set any other property ?

One more observation : When I set OnChar Event of the form, the Property lMsgAuto is automatically set to value .T.

Kindly guild.

TIA
Milan.
Responder