In order for this site to work correctly we need to store a small file (called a cookie) on your computer. Most every site in the world does this, however since the 25th of May 2011, by law we have to get your permission first. Please abandon the forum if you disagree.

Para que este foro funcione correctamente es necesario guardar un pequeño fichero (llamado cookie) en su ordenador. La mayoría de los sitios de Internet lo hacen, no obstante desde el 25 de Marzo de 2011 y por ley, necesitamos de su permiso con antelación. Abandone este foro si no está conforme.

MariaDB?

Xailer English public forum
Responder
Timm

MariaDB?

Mensaje por Timm »

Hi!

For a new project I have to decide which data source to use.
The application is going to run in a client-server environment (Windows Server 2016) and I am thinking about using either MS SQL Server Express or MariaDB.

Could this work with MariaDB in such an environment? Has anyone experiences?

Regards, Timm
bingen
Contactar:

Re: MariaDB?

Mensaje por bingen »

MariaDB works very good in this case, we have a lot of clients with Windows Server 2016.
BiSoft Desarrollo de software profesional
http://www.bisoft.es
ignacio
Site Admin
Contactar:

Mensaje por ignacio »

Hi,

We have an accounting software which works nicely with a hosted MySQL server on our ISV using MariaDB datasources.

MariaDB client datasources works with MySQL servers perfectly. Even if your server is MySQL I recommend to use MariaDB datasources. If you use MariaDB/MySQL you can hire that service from any ISV at a really good price.

Regards,
Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga
[Equipo de Xailer / Xailer team]
https://www.xailer.com
Timm

Mensaje por Timm »

Hi,

many thanks for your answers!

Bingen, I installed MariaDB on a local maschine and could connect to the database (using the IP address of the MariaDB host).
So I installed it on our Windows server but I don´t know how to connect to that host from a local machine.
Could you perhaps give some advice?

Regards, Timm
Timm

Mensaje por Timm »

bingen escribió:MariaDB works very good in this case, we have a lot of clients with Windows Server 2016.
Hi Bingen,

many thanks for your answer!

I installed MariaDB on a local maschine and could connect to the database (using the IP address of the MariaDB host).
So I installed it on our Windows server but I don´t know how to connect to that host from a local machine.
Could you perhaps give some advice?

Regards, Timm
ignacio
Site Admin
Contactar:

Mensaje por ignacio »

Hi Timm,

On local DbServer I suggest you use 'localhost' or the IP 127.0.0.1. This always work, the public IP address may change. You could use as well the Host IP, but only when you reserve that IP to that local machine on your DCHP host. Is preferable to choose the machine name. Just check from the command line if the machine is resolved doing a PING to its name.

If you have problems, surely is because a firewall issue. The port 3306 must be open for input on the Host.

Regards,
Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga
[Equipo de Xailer / Xailer team]
https://www.xailer.com
Timm

Mensaje por Timm »

Works, many thanks!

Regards, Timm
Timm

Mensaje por Timm »

Hi!

When I try to edit a record of a MariaDB database table I get this error message: "Read-only access set, 'Edit' is not possible"
The user rights are set and with HeidiSQL I am able to edit the database.

Any ideas?

Regards, Timm
XeviCOMAS

Mensaje por XeviCOMAS »

Timm

Verifica que tienes una clave principal, sinó no te dejara modificar registros de una tabla con los controles de Xailer.

Creo que ese es tu problema.
Un Saludo,
Xevi.
Responder