In order for this site to work correctly we need to store a small file (called a cookie) on your computer. Most every site in the world does this, however since the 25th of May 2011, by law we have to get your permission first. Please abandon the forum if you disagree.

Para que este foro funcione correctamente es necesario guardar un pequeño fichero (llamado cookie) en su ordenador. La mayoría de los sitios de Internet lo hacen, no obstante desde el 25 de Marzo de 2011 y por ley, necesitamos de su permiso con antelación. Abandone este foro si no está conforme.

How to install Xailer on a usb drive

Xailer English public forum
Responder
DC

How to install Xailer on a usb drive

Mensaje por DC »

Hi,

How do you install Xailer Pro on a flash drive? I have both a desktop and a portable license.

Do you just

1) Install it on a desktop first, and then

2) Copy the Xailer 4 application folders to the Flash Drive, then

3) Run Xailer from the flash drive on a different PC, and register it with the same license as 1) ?

I just want to make sure that I do this right the first time, and don't end up wasting one of the allowed licenses.
DC

Re: How to install Xailer on a usb drive

Mensaje por DC »

Well,

I went ahead and tried to install it on a flash drive. I copied a licensed desktop version to the flash drive, then brought the flash drive to another PC without a license.

I ran Xailer on the flash drive there, and activated it on that flash drive.

Then I brought the flash drive to another PC that didn't have Xailer 4.x on it, and ran it. It's still asking for license information.

Can someone please forward me instructions, no how to activate the flash drive?
ignacio
Site Admin
Contactar:

Mensaje por ignacio »

Hello,

Just install Xailer directly on the pen drive using the portable serial number to register it. It's preferable to avoid doing this installation on a PC which already has Xailer installed. In case you do not have that possibility, temporary rename the Xailer directory.

In order to use the portable version of Xailer you must run it from the pen drive.

Regards
Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga
[Equipo de Xailer / Xailer team]
https://www.xailer.com
DC

Mensaje por DC »

Ok, thanks Ignacio.

I've forwarded you the emails from Xailer, which contain the serial numbers. I can't tell which one, is the regular desktop license, and which is for the Flash Drive.
Responder