In order for this site to work correctly we need to store a small file (called a cookie) on your computer. Most every site in the world does this, however since the 25th of May 2011, by law we have to get your permission first. Please abandon the forum if you disagree.

Para que este foro funcione correctamente es necesario guardar un pequeño fichero (llamado cookie) en su ordenador. La mayoría de los sitios de Internet lo hacen, no obstante desde el 25 de Marzo de 2011 y por ley, necesitamos de su permiso con antelación. Abandone este foro si no está conforme.

Add some text to JPEG images .....

Xailer professional forum in English
Responder
ChrisGillard

Add some text to JPEG images .....

Mensaje por ChrisGillard »

Hi,

I would like to take some existing JPEG image files and overlay the filename and a 'Title' as text on them.

Can I do this using GDI, just by displaying the file on some sort of canvas, drawing some text on that canvas and then saving the image back to a file?

I see we have TImage and TImageEditor using FreeImage in the Enterprise Edition .... is this the way to go?

Any general thoughts or simple example code would be much appreciated.

..... I've just researched the Samples folder and there are some useful Image display and edit examples. I should have looked there first .....

Not seeing any text drawing though?

Thanks

Chris
ignacio
Site Admin
Contactar:

Re: Add some text to JPEG images .....

Mensaje por ignacio »

Hello,

If you just want to put the text on top of the image you can use a label with its property lTransparent set to true. Another way is to use its OnPainted event. Something like this:

Código: Seleccionar todo

METHOD Image1Painted( oSender, hDC, cPaintStruct ) CLASS TForm1

LOCAL oCanvas AS CLASS TCanvas  
   oCanvas := TCanvas():NewFromDC( hDC )   
   oCanvas:TextOut(0,0, "Hello", 500, clBlack )   
   oCanvas:End()

RETURN Nil
In case you need to modify the image file adding some text information, I'm afraid you must deal with some 'C' code. This is the way to go:

- Create a compatible DC:
- Create a compatible Bitmap on memory with identical size of the original bitmap
- Copy (Bitblt function) the original bitmap to the compatible Bitmap
- Print the text on the compatilbe DC
- Save the compatible bitmap to file

If you need help on this please try to prototype the function you will need. Something like this:

PutTextOnBitmap( cSourceFile, cTargetFile, nX, nY, cText, nColor )
And we will give a budge for that function.

BTW you may try to use the event OnPainted and then use the:

XA_CaptureBitmap( <hWnd>, [<aRect>] | [<nLeft>, <nTop>, <nRight>, <nBottom>] ) --> hBitmap
Regards,
Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga
[Equipo de Xailer / Xailer team]
https://www.xailer.com
ChrisGillard

Re: Add some text to JPEG images .....

Mensaje por ChrisGillard »

Hi Ignacio,

Thank you for your comprehensive reply.

Its the second example, the images are high resolution photos in .JPG files. I need to add the text to them and then re-save them at the same resolution.

I will work on your second example and see how far I get and then ask for more help.

I'm glad to see you released 5.0 a few days ago.

I have installed it and taken a quick look at some of the extra features but am continuing with 4.X for a little longer as I have a few projects which need to be done quickly.

I'm sure I will be back!

Regards

Chris
Responder