In order for this site to work correctly we need to store a small file (called a cookie) on your computer. Most every site in the world does this, however since the 25th of May 2011, by law we have to get your permission first. Please abandon the forum if you disagree.

Para que este foro funcione correctamente es necesario guardar un pequeño fichero (llamado cookie) en su ordenador. La mayoría de los sitios de Internet lo hacen, no obstante desde el 25 de Marzo de 2011 y por ley, necesitamos de su permiso con antelación. Abandone este foro si no está conforme.

GPF Error after some dblocked error [SQLite]

Xailer professional forum in English
Responder
emeasoft
Contactar:

Mensaje por emeasoft »

Hello Xailers,
We are receiving constant GPF error after many DBlocked errors.
e.g.: We are testing a insert/update routine that takes about 3 minutes to finish, on the meantime we are trying to execute some select or inserts, thats when the dblocked happens, also some times the operation just freezes, needing to force close the program...
Is there any error? or is there a way to lock only the table?

TIA,
Juliano

Attached files
ignacio
Site Admin
Contactar:

Mensaje por ignacio »

emeasoft escribió el jue, 02 abril 2015 14:49Hello Xailers,
We are receiving constant GPF error after many DBlocked errors.
e.g.: We are testing a insert/update routine that takes about 3 minutes to finish, on the meantime we are trying to execute some select or inserts, thats when the dblocked happens, also some times the operation just freezes, needing to force close the program...
Is there any error? or is there a way to lock only the table?

TIA,
Juliano
Hello,
I'm really impressed about the time you routines lasts. If you are not using transactions I highly recommend them. BTW, SQLite is perfect for stand alone applications but when there is concurrent use of the database you should change to other engines like MariaDB.
I suggest you use exclusive transactions to completely block your database during that long process. I believe there is no way to lock only one table, but maybe I'm wrong.
Best regards,
Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga
[Equipo de Xailer / Xailer team]
https://www.xailer.com
emeasoft
Contactar:

Mensaje por emeasoft »

Hello Ignacio,
It took so long because it was about 300000 inserts/update.
The good side of sqlite is that it does not need any installation, but we are going to study mariaDB instead, as you suggested, since we need concurrent users...
Many thanks for the help!
Juliano
ignacio
Site Admin
Contactar:

Mensaje por ignacio »

emeasoft escribió el mié, 08 abril 2015 14:07Hello Ignacio,
It took so long because it was about 300000 inserts/update.
The good side of sqlite is that it does not need any installation, but we are going to study mariaDB instead, as you suggested, since we need concurrent users...
Many thanks for the help!
Juliano
I suggest you create a new empty LOCAL database for that bulk insert operation, create the table and insert all the records with a single transaction. Afterwards, ATTACH the local database to the target database and use a single INSERT FROM SELECT operation.
Regards,
Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga
[Equipo de Xailer / Xailer team]
https://www.xailer.com
emeasoft
Contactar:

Mensaje por emeasoft »

Oh, Now I understand!
Thanks for the suggestion Ignacio, we will study that as well.
Regards,
Juliano
Responder