In order for this site to work correctly we need to store a small file (called a cookie) on your computer. Most every site in the world does this, however since the 25th of May 2011, by law we have to get your permission first. Please abandon the forum if you disagree.

Para que este foro funcione correctamente es necesario guardar un pequeño fichero (llamado cookie) en su ordenador. La mayoría de los sitios de Internet lo hacen, no obstante desde el 25 de Marzo de 2011 y por ley, necesitamos de su permiso con antelación. Abandone este foro si no está conforme.

Suggestions

Xailer English public forum
Responder
Cassiano de Oliveira

Suggestions

Mensaje por Cassiano de Oliveira »

Sorry.. Translated by Google.

I propose to unify the forums and instead of having two public ( English and Spanish) have only one public where we can post or in English or Spanish ... Also for the private forum , it eliminated two areas and I become more dynamic , simple and goal, giving greater transparency and be of greater assistance to all .

I also propose some action to think together to dinamizarmos the Xailer user community , I believe this very restricted to colleagues who speak more Spanish in addition to being means " stop" at least the level of posts, maybe we can think of something to motivate as posts at least monthly tips, trivia, examples , tutorials, etc , but it would be nice to be just one single channel, eg Blog or the other and the other channels put links to this dynamic .

Regards,

Cassiano.
Cassiano de Oliveira

Re: Suggestions

Thanks eMeAsOFT

Somebody else?

I think this is important and I would like the opinion of Xailer community.
ignacio
Site Admin
Contactar:

Mensaje por ignacio »

Cassiano de Oliveira escribió:Sorry.. Translated by Google.

I propose to unify the forums and instead of having two public ( English and Spanish) have only one public where we can post or in English or Spanish ... Also for the private forum , it eliminated two areas and I become more dynamic , simple and goal, giving greater transparency and be of greater assistance to all .

I also propose some action to think together to dinamizarmos the Xailer user community , I believe this very restricted to colleagues who speak more Spanish in addition to being means " stop" at least the level of posts, maybe we can think of something to motivate as posts at least monthly tips, trivia, examples , tutorials, etc , but it would be nice to be just one single channel, eg Blog or the other and the other channels put links to this dynamic .

Regards,

Cassiano.
Hello Cassiano,

We have analyzed your proposal and we believe is not a good idea, sorry. Long time ago, xHarbour did unified all its forums and it was a complete disaster. We do not want to make the same mistake. About how to energize de Xailer user community, we already have download area where anyone can post its work. By request any Xailer user one can post on our blog any technical Xailer article (no ads) and in the near future there will be a new site dedicated exclusively to Xailer apps. That is a initiative of Spanish users and I hope it will be published really soon. There is also a Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1832640 ... 1/?fref=ts) where you can join. BTW, if you believe, this is not enough, we may create a new group here, but I believe is not a good idea either.

Regards,
Ignacio Ortiz de Zúñiga
[Equipo de Xailer / Xailer team]
https://www.xailer.com
Cassiano de Oliveira

Ignacio wrote:

...Long time ago, xHarbour did unified all its forums and it was a complete disaster. We do not want to make the same mistake.
I did not refer to ALL unify forums , but SIMPLIFY ...

Example:

Xailer Public
Xailer Pro
Fastreport
xBase
Ignacio wrote:

About how to energize de Xailer user community, we already have download area where anyone can post its work. By request any Xailer user one can post on our blog any technical Xailer article (no ads) and in the near future there will be a new site dedicated exclusively to Xailer apps. That is a initiative of Spanish users and I hope it will be published really soon. There is also a Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1832640 ... 1/?fref=ts) where you can join. BTW, if you believe, this is not enough, we may create a new group here, but I believe is not a good idea either.
I agree that there is already something we can contribute , but in practice this is little...

My proposal would be that the staff of the board of Xailer ( Ignacio, Lalin , Gimenez , Bigen and other great masters ) , to publish something ( tips, tutorials , examples , etc. ) in one of the channels with replication in the other , this, in my view, would add know-how, visibility and would encourage other users. The frequency could be Bimonthly to not be a burden , but something good, to the founders of Xailer .

Very respectfully ask you to examine with care and attention and also if it is possible that other users Xailer express their opinions regarding this subject.

Regards,
Cassiano.
jfgimenez
Site Admin
Contactar:

Mensaje por jfgimenez »

Cassiano de Oliveira escribió: I did not refer to ALL unify forums , but SIMPLIFY ...

Example:

Xailer Public
Xailer Pro
Fastreport
xBase
As Ignacio said, we belive it's not a good idea. Better said, it looks a good idea at first, but it'll turn into a bad idea some time later. We have the experience about xHarbour forums, some years ago. When they unified spanish and portuguese it started its own end. Many people left that forum, and a few months later there was only very few people on it.

The reason is very easy: many spanish spoken people don't speak english, so they don't want to jump over messages in both languages. They want to read thread by thread, message by message, in their own language (spanish), and almost never read any other forum. ITOH, almost english or portuguese/brasilian spoken people don't speak spanish, and could be very frustrating to search for english messages only. Also, almost spanish people don't speak portuguese, so it's also not a good idea to unify spanish and portuguese, just like xharbour did.

Of course, you can ask to create a portuguese/brasilian forum, but again we belive it's not a good idea. We (Xailer's team) don't speak portuguese, and we cannot help in that forum. You can argue that it could be attended by portuguese/brasilian people, and that's ok. But some time in the future (let's say a couple of years), one portuguese person could ask for help in that forum, and could be angry if the Xailer's team don't reply his questions. Of course, he don't know that the portuguese forum was created for portuguese/brasilian people only, and could think that Xailer's team don't want to reply or that we are excluding people on that forum.

If we were from Brasil or Portugal, there were forums in english and portuguese, not spanish. But we're from Spain.

I hope you understand our point of view.

Cassiano de Oliveira escribió: I agree that there is already something we can contribute , but in practice this is little...

My proposal would be that the staff of the board of Xailer ( Ignacio, Lalin , Gimenez , Bigen and other great masters ) , to publish something ( tips, tutorials , examples , etc. ) in one of the channels with replication in the other , this, in my view, would add know-how, visibility and would encourage other users. The frequency could be Bimonthly to not be a burden , but something good, to the founders of Xailer .
Of course, we're not against to translate our blog's post (or any other source like wiki, forum messages, or so) into portuguese. Moreover, we'll be happy. As I said before, we don't speak portuguese, so we couldn't do it. If you or any other portuguese spoken people can do it, you are welcome.

From our side, we'll try to create more docs (tutos, articles, etc.) to help everybody. If any of you want to create new docs, you're also welcome.
José F. Giménez
http://www.xailer.com
http://www.xailer.info
Cassiano de Oliveira

I'm not talking about having something for the Portuguese , as we did this to create in a Brazilian forum ( PCTOLEDO ) .

I'm talking about simplifying that exist today as follows:

Código: Seleccionar todo

Xailer Public ( here the users post in English or Spanish , as they do but it will be a single public place )
Xailer Pro    ( just here English or Spanish , but users entitled to preferred support )
FastReport    ( idem - English or Spanish )
xBase         ( idem - English or Spanish )
The publications materials for encouragement, also did not refer to be made in Portuguese , but in English or Spanish .

It was this , but as the title to topic are suggestions that in my view would simplify and improve access centralizing contents .

Regards,

Cassiano.
emeasoft
Contactar:

Mensaje por emeasoft »

Gimenez
O que está sendo sugerido é ter apenas 2 fóruns: Public e Pro.
A linguagem poderia ser usada qualquer uma: inglês, espanhol, português, chines, grego, etc...
Com o Google Tradutor todos se entenderiam e poderiam também responder as questões na sua linguagem de domínio, de preferência.
Os textos deveriam ser escritos de forma clara, evitando-se abreviaturas ou outras expressões regionais.
Estou postando esta sugestão em português. Mas se alguém quiser postar algum comentário e sua língua de preferência
for espanhol, inglês ou outra também vamos conseguir entender usando o tradutor.

Assim, é o nosso mundo atual globalizado onde todos se entendem...

Apenas minha simples sugestão !

[i]Para Cassiano:
Observo que você usa o Tradutor para postar. Acho que não deveria. Se não domina o inglês o melhor é postar
em português devido que do outro lado poderá ter alguém que entenda o português ou caso contrário ele
usaria o tradutor.
Aqui na eMeAsOfT tenho programador que domina inglês e ele posta nesta linguagem. Já eu tenho dificuldade
em inglês e posto em português. Nunca tive dificuldade de me comunicar com o fórum.
Veja exemplo: http://www.xailer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=13113
[/i]

Abraços

Mário
Cassiano de Oliveira

Obrigado Mario.

Gostaria da opinião de outros usuários Xailer também.

[]´s
jfgimenez
Site Admin
Contactar:

Mensaje por jfgimenez »

Cassiano de Oliveira escribió: I'm talking about simplifying that exist today as follows:

Código: Seleccionar todo

Xailer Public ( here the users post in English or Spanish , as they do but it will be a single public place )
Xailer Pro    ( just here English or Spanish , but users entitled to preferred support )
FastReport    ( idem - English or Spanish )
xBase         ( idem - English or Spanish )
emeasoft escribió: O que está sendo sugerido é ter apenas 2 fóruns: Public e Pro.
That's exactly what we don't like to do: to mix english, spanish and portuguese in the same forum. I've explain the reasons before. Please, trust us, it's not a good idea.
José F. Giménez
http://www.xailer.com
http://www.xailer.info
Cassiano de Oliveira

JFGIMENEZ, thank you for your attention and response.

I can not understand why it would be a problem, I was part of xHarbour forum and as I recall there they did was put it all together and not let separate areas like I proposed , making only a simplification in some . So I requested the opinion of the other Xailer users, regardless of language.

But as I am apprentice and you have more knowledge and experience , having to submit to your decision even without agreeing .

Kind regards.
Responder